Soft Tissue Therapy (STT) is designed for muscular-skeletal conditions caused by injury and lifestyle. Soft tissues include ligaments, tendons, muscles and fascia.
Soft tissue treatment involves the assessment, management, manipulation and rehabilitation of any soft tissue injury that is causing pain and abnormal function. STT encompasses the well-known Sports Massage along with additional advance techniques.
STT is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to prevent or recover from a soft tissue injury. Many soft tissue therapists work with a great range of clients in assisting with preventive treatment and injury recovery.
STT can help;
- Increase range of movement & flexibility
- Increase muscle strength
- Increase & decrease muscle tone and length
- Reduce pain, stiffness and muscle aches
- Improves circulation, lymphatic flow & assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Breakdown scar tissue & adhesions
- Provide early detection of potential causes to assist in injury prevention
- Promote relaxation & mental preparation
- Correct dysfunctional movement patterns and posture imbalances
- Accelerate recovery from injury and reduces risk of re-injury